Garage door openers are a must-have for anyone who has a garage because they are extremely convenient, and modern models can even increase the security of your home. In addition, there are models that are compatible with smartphones, allowing you to open, close, and monitor the activity that unfolds around your garage anytime you want. The side mount garage door opener should be used if your garage ceiling height is a lot bigger than the height of the garage door.
The LiftMaster 3900 comes at the affordable price of $285, and the manufacturer, LiftMaster, is seen as one of the best in this line of business. In fact, the LiftMaster brand is basically ever-present in garage door opener reviews where the products released by it thrive in comparison to other side mount systems due to the technologies used in their manufacturing. The 3900 is a must-have is you need a light-duty side mount garage door opener as it features a compact design that is ideal for limited height, obstructed, or cathedral ceiling installations.
Quick overview of the 3900 model’s stats:
- It can be used on standard and high-lift sectional doors that measure up to 14 feet in height, and that are up to 18 feet wide, but which shouldn’t exceed 180 square feet or 650 pounds.
- It has a heavy-duty 24 VDC motor that provides ultra-quiet operation.
- It comes with a standard 1-button station that is used for opening and closing the garage door.
- It features a safety sensor that is designed to sense any obstruction and that signals the door opener to reverse the command.
- The motor of the system is backed by the manufacturer with a lifetime warranty against defects.
The LiftMaster 8500 is definitely the best garage door opener available. This side mount opener comes at the price of $400, being a very low price if we take into consideration the powerful performance of this model.
Quick overview of the 8500 model’s stats:
- It’s a reliable and durable opener that uses P3 motors, which are specially designed for garage door openers.
- It features the Security+ 2.0 with which you can enter a clicking code that will allow you to be the only one able to control the opener.
- Due to the fact that it’s smartphone compatible, you can keep tabs on your garage even when you are away from home, and you can control the garage door over the smartphone whenever you want.
- It has a very useful battery backup that ensures you can still use the opener even when the power is out.
- It has a whisper-quiet operation that makes it suitable even if there is a room above the garage.
- It meets all the UL325 requirements.
- It has a lifetime warranty for the motor, and 5 years warranty for the parts, being the absolute leader among garage door openers when it comes to warranties.
Garage Door Opener Buying Guide – Quick Tips
- Look into the lifting power of the system to make sure it can handle the amount of weight needed to open and close your garage door.
- A built-in light system that activates when you operate the door opener comes in handy as it provides illumination so that you can safely and easily park your car.
- Battery back-up is essential as, in the event of a power outage, the system continues to run so that garage security is still kept in check.
- We all tend to be forgetful at times, and to make sure that you don’t put the safety of your home in danger, look into a system that features automatic closing which activates after a set period of time.
- As we live in a modern area, it is preferable for you to be able to control it via your smartphone from wherever you are, so make sure you look into smart device compatibility.
- Automatic reversing that activates when an obstacle crosses the closing path of the door, causing it to automatically reverse from its course to avoid accidents and injuries. If you have children or pets, this is a mandatory feature for the garage door opener to come with.
Garage security can only be had through the installation of a system that ensures the door is closed tightly behind. If the setup of your garage requires you to acquire a side mount garage door opener, the selections we presented you with and reviewed here are among the best options you could go for. When you do choose a system and set it in place, you will finally be provided with a convenient manner to open and close the door, as well as having the assurance that security is covered for this part of the property.